The Tin Lantern has various eco-features, including roof-collected rainwater, 3.5kw of solar, a biocycle septic system, toilet paper from the Who Gives a Crap™ social enterprise, and Dr Bronners™ fair trade organic soaps.
Nestled on a wooded incline overlooking Pirates Bay, The Tin Lantern features a cosy wood heater & split firewood (during winter), outdoor BBQ & cooking area with night lighting, carport, a modern interior with polished floor boards and carpeted bedrooms. View photos in the gallery.
- Bedroom 1: Upstairs master (queensize bed)
- Bedroom 2: Downstairs bedroom (double bed)
- Bedroom 3: Downstairs bedroom (two single beds)
- 1x bathroom
- Fireplace & firewood (winter)
- NBN Internet (broadband 25/50mbps)
- Outdoor BBQ, cooking area & picnic table
- Active magazine subscriptions to The New Yorker, Aesthetica, Suitcase, Smith Journal, The Alpine Review, & Sidetracked.
- Bluetooth speakers
- The Tin Lantern does not have a TV.
- 3x snorkel & mask sets
- 8ft surfboard
The Tin Lantern sits on 2.5 acres, surrounded by extremely tall eucalyptus trees, shrubs and other natives. The property features a carport and parking area for guests and any additional cars.
The garden is under ongoing landscaping work, with a micro orchard of 11Apple trees planted in the winter of 2017.